Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

Encounter with the King- Ipad 2


Before I say anything, I'd only love to applaud for Steve Jobs for even thinking of such a product, which was kind of redundant few years ago and infact before the release of first ipad, no one really cared if it existed or not.

NOW! YES! It's the ohmygodsofreakingamazing iPAD-2! The godly thing according to me. It's got nearly everything my laptop does, only a better OS( I love iOS). After using an ipod touch for nearly a year, I was immensely satisfied and happy with it. However, it didn't fill my thirst of trying out new stuff. Heard Ipad 2 is coming to India. WOOHOO! It was a shocker because Iphone 4 still hasn't been released in India which was released worldwise last year, where as Ipad2 is coming to India within two months prior to it's worldwide launch. The only, literally, good news this year for me. :)

Finally, the day comes(saturday and a holiday) and I'm all set to test the new kid on the block. Well, not really the new kid but somewhat a newer version. This thing is so thin! It just goes on to show how Apple is trying to constantly bring something new with every product of their's. It's amazingly thin! Thinner that my phone(BAH!) and definitely gives me a complex(sigh!).

I unlock the screen and get lost in the world of iOS. The newest iOS 4.3, with some improvements over iOS 4.2 adorned the new tablet, with exciting new features. Compared to older Ipad, this one has dual cameras( front VGA and rear 2MP with HD video recording!! ) and a new A5 processor that does justice to the price. It is also available in white colour. It does facetime very well, the clarity could've been better i think. The tablets not coming in the market from other companies have rear camera even 5MP and front 2MP. The big 9.7" screen is perfect for a tablet. It just feels SO NICE in your hands, seems like it was made specifically for it :P.

Running apps on it was a joyride, no hassles at all! Obviously the newer processor is a tad faster, but overall doesn't give you a 'NEW' feel. Even the older Ipad did the job well without any complaints. But then, who doesn't like speed in this world? Though my encounter was for a brief period of time, it didn't let me stay away from it for long. Next week, I was again at the same place doing the same stuff another time to just enjoy the Ipad2.

All said, I really loved the Ipad2, and one thing which attracted me was the flap on cover which locks your Ipad2 automatically when put over the screen and unlocks it automatically when pulled back. It can even form a small stand and it's very stylish. Apple, known for it's innovations, never lets anyone down.

If you have 30,000 bucks and want to buy a tablet, look no further matey! This is the one for you, does the job without complaining, infact is even a good portable thing. Wish i had enough money to buy one, so I shall buy one in dreams and enjoy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment